Festival of Lights is a series of events to celebrate the December holiday season, highlighted by the Festival of Lights Parade. The events include cultural and artistic programs, performances and other festivities for the enjoyment and education of the general public.
Kevin Leonardo joined the Festival of Lights team in the role of Executive Director in May of 2022. Kevin is an established event visionary, who has crafted meaningful experiences and built long-standing relationships for 20 years within the sports and entertainment genre, focusing primarily on Olympic Sports, broadcast television and live entertainment events. He has undertaken a variety of roles for a multitude of highly visible events and brings a wealth of knowledge from both an operational and production standpoint.
20-year residents of Colorado Springs, Kevin and his wife Natascha, an educator in the Manitou Springs School District, live on the west side of Colorado Springs with their four young children.
Karole Campbell is the owner of Madwoman Marketing Strategies, a local full service marketing and communications firm. In her role she facilitates sponsorships and supports marketing and communications efforts for the Parade. She has three grown children and three “grand-dogs” and lives in Cascade with her partner Brian and their two dogs Ruxton and Radish.
The Board is made up of interested people throughout the community. They are all volunteers and give their time freely to make sure the Festival of Lights is enjoyed by the people of Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. If you are interested in serving on the Festival of Lights Board please contact the Executive Director.
- Jeff Wilson, Choir Director, West Middle School (District 11)
- Dan Lemack – Vice Chair, IT Operations Manager – Peak Vista Community Health Centers
- Liz Denson, President & CEO – Early Connections Learning Centers
- Sheri Trumpfheller, Treasurer
- Abby Kappel, Black Rose Consulting
- Nicola Natale, USAF, Retired
- Kim Stewart, Owner, Athena Coaching & Consulting
- Kelly Hillick, Cumulus Radio Media Liaison
- James Divine, Secretary, Band Teacher – Colorado Springs School District 11
- Joel Currey, Director Stadium Operations – COS Switchbacks FC